Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Packet Loss on Draytek 2927 in HA (Hot Standby) mode

• service_bb
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jul 2021 12:13 #1 by service_bb
Per the subject, we have 2x Draytek 2927 in HA (Hot Standby) mode that we have been experiencing frequent packet loss issues on the LAN (i.e pinging the Draytek) AND the WAN (i.e pinging any external source such as bbc.co.uk or google.co.uk)

This is happening on both the fw 4.2.4, 4.2.4.1 and 4.2.4.2 (the latter only being available on draytek.com site)

We switched off the backup router on Friday to rule that out and the problem persisted all weekend.

This morning, I completely turned off HA on the primary router (changing the virtual IP’s to become the physical IP’s) and since doing so haven’t seen any packet loss on the LAN or WAN so it would appear to be related to HA.

Given the above findings I would assume this is a HA implementation problem and likely to only be resolved by a firmware update? Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Between HA issues I've had on the 3910 (still unresolved on latest firmware) and now what I'm seeing on the 2927 I'm getting increasingly frustrated. Especially considering HA worked without issue on the 2960's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mcal27
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jul 2021 19:05 #2 by mcal27
Not directly related I’m afraid, but I have the same router, purchased with the aim of load-balancing between multiple 4G wans. This worked wonderfully on the 2860’s I used previously, yet the 2927 seems unable to load-balance, it insists on sending all data through one wan, including often a 2620lte that is in bridge mode which also shows packet loss when communicating through a short Cat5E cable.
Can’t quite put into words how disappointed I am with the 2927, just feels very temperamental and buggy.

Goodluck with your issues.

Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.