Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2927 Load balancing appears broken

• mcal27
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Aug 2021 19:13 #1 by mcal27
Hi, I have the Lte model of the 2927 and I'm using the Lte connection in conjunction with a vigor 2620lte (using it's lte connection also) to load balance two 4g connections in the hopes of getting additional speed. This used to work great on a 2860 lte, but I stupidly got the idea that by adding another 4g Router I could utilise three 4g connections for the best possible speed, so I 'upgraded to the 2927 and sold the 2860.No matter what I try this 2927 will not successfully load balance multiple connections for long. It always ends up pushing nearly all the data through one 4g wan while the other does very little work, and worse still, today the 2620 decided to stop accessing it's 4g connection and the 2927 refused to even use the builtin lte of itself to give us continued internet access, I had to go and power off the 2620 and only then did the 2927 start using it's own lte.

I have tried all options on the load balance settings with the same results, even sent screenshots to Draytek.
On paper this router looks amazing! But in practice I fear it is very buggy and not for for purpose as yet.

Anyone else had load balance issues similar to this?

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mcal27
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Aug 2021 12:14 #2 by mcal27
useful forum...lol

More
13 Aug 2021 16:15 #3 by admin3
Well it's August, people are on holiday :P

The quality based load balancing is pretty new - use 4.2.4.2 firmware and session based load balancing for best results. What do you have set for the Load Balance Weights? Maybe the router's determined one WAN has much more bandwidth than the other, and assigns sessions proportionally based on that.

There are some services that the router will actively avoid load balancing and maybe that's stopping your sessions from load balancing - see the [WAN] > {General Setup] > Advance button.

You can see how the router is deciding the load balancing by looking at the User log section of Syslog, use [Diagnostics] > [Syslog Explorer] for a quick view, or have the router send syslog messages to a PC running the DrayTek syslog utility for more in depth / longer.

If things really aren't working for you, please open a support ticket.

Forum Administrator

More
22 Sep 2021 13:28 #4 by ps123
Hi

Not sure if this answers your question but the 2927Lac uses only one 4G connection at a time. It won't use two of the SIM card 4G connections simultaneously. Only as a failover option.