Android TV connectivity issues

• jrp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Aug 2021 17:11 #1 by jrp
Android TV connectivity issues was created by jrp
I have a current firmware 2862 and Windows Server providing DHCP.

My new Sony Android TV based telly seems to have problems with network connectivity (in both Wi-fi and direct Ethernet connections).

At initial setup it says that the tv says it has found an internet connection, but then says that there is an unspecified problem. It’s not clear what that problem is as most of the functions that rely on internet connectivity seem to work and the network settings also show both land and internet connectivity. However, I cannot log in to my google account: I put in my email and I get a something went wrong message.

Plugging in my BT hub I can log in to my google a/c without issue.

Nothing very interesting that I can see in the syslog. I don’t know whether I need to switch off the various DOS settings, or hardware acceleration or …

Suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2021 12:56 #2 by raydray
Replied by raydray on topic Re: Android TV connectivity issues
You could try using Wireshark on a pc with the 2862 lan port mirror enabled from your TV to the pc to see what traffic is being dropped.

• jrp
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Aug 2021 15:38 #3 by jrp
Replied by jrp on topic Re: Android TV connectivity issues
Thanks. It seems to work ok after I set up the google login and went back to the Draytek, so I’m inclined to leave it at that, unless someone else has had a similar experience and found a workaround. It could be anything from dns to udp broadcasting being blocked to hardware acceleration being used to …

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
20 Aug 2021 12:24 #4 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: Android TV connectivity issues
Probably a long shot but only problem ive had with TV's not working properly with a Draytek is when DNS Security is on (Applications/DNS Security).
Dont know why, or even if it now works, but it broke my TV connecting to certain services when it was on.

• j1mbo
  • User
  • User
More
20 Aug 2021 13:47 #5 by j1mbo
Replied by j1mbo on topic Re: Android TV connectivity issues
On the 2862 the factory config has IGMP disabled.

https://draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-igmp-proxy