Vigor 2862ac & Virgin Gig1 Fibre

• konnexion
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Sep 2021 12:35 #7 by konnexion
Replied by konnexion on topic Re: Vigor 2862ac & Virgin Gig1 Fibre
Bingo ! I had left 'Data Flow Monitor' enabled - which disables Hardware Acceleration. Once I disabled that - 980Mbps/50 performance. Looks like I don't need a new router just yet - though WIFI6 is tempting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
16 Sep 2021 13:43 #8 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor 2862ac & Virgin Gig1 Fibre
Is that with the Firewall still enabled :?:

• konnexion
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Sep 2021 17:42 #9 by konnexion

hornbyp wrote:
Is that with the Firewall still enabled :?:

Yes firewall is enabled

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
18 Sep 2021 01:09 #10 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor 2862ac & Virgin Gig1 Fibre
Something very strange is happening @ Draytek - they now seem to be deliberately downplaying the capabilities of their Routers :? ...

As noted in this thread ( https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23802&p=97593&hilit=2762+firewall#p97593 ), the Vigor 2762 is also seemingly capable of far more than its advertised 300Mbps.

(As I said in the other thread, this is completely at odds with my experience...)

If FTTP were ever to surface in my neck of the woods, I'm really not sure what I would buy :roll: .

• konnexion
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Sep 2021 22:03 #11 by konnexion

hornbyp wrote:
Something very strange is happening @ Draytek - they now seem to be deliberately downplaying the capabilities of their Routers :? ...

As noted in this thread ( https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23802&p=97593&hilit=2762+firewall#p97593 ), the Vigor 2762 is also seemingly capable of far more than its advertised 300Mbps.

(As I said in the other thread, this is completely at odds with my experience...)

If FTTP were ever to surface in my neck of the woods, I'm really not sure what I would buy :roll: .

I know what you mean, certainly confused me. I actually ordered a 2927ax thinking I'd need that to make full use of the Virgin Gig1 service but the 2862ac handles it perfectly - just now tested at 933Mbps/52Mbps using Speedtest - with firewall enabled. The specs say I should be getting around 300Mbps