DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Need help with BT and Draytek Vigor 2927Lac setup

More
22 Sep 2021 13:24 #1 by ps123
Hi there

Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere. I am on a BT Full Fibre 500 connection using their Smart Hub 2 (SH2) with Digital Voice (DV) i.e. the telephone line is carried over digitally over the broadband fibre.

I have been on and off trying to set up a Draytek Vigor 2927Lac to piggyback off the SH2 so that it acts as the primary router. The only reason I need the SH2 connected is for the DV functionality. I have read a post on the BT Forum that someone has managed to get it running but this is through a slightly convoluted setup using the SH2 --> Ubiquiti UMG --> Asus router. (See choppyc's comment (third post) at https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone- ... -p/2095493)

I am not knowledgeable on the ins and outs of networking, especially with ip addresses, subnet masks etc and would like an "idiots" guide on how I can make the set up work. Currently, my fibre cable connects to an ONT, where a red ethernet cable coming out of the ONT is plugged into the WAN port of the SH2. I can turn off the features on the SH2 as suggested by choppyc in their comment on the BT forum but I cannot work out how to then get a static IP from the Draytek and configure the SH2 to then use this static IP as the forwarding address, port forwarding of all ports etc.

What steps would I need to take in order to configure the setup correctly so that the Draytek acts as the primary router i.e. is the DHCP host etc and that the SH2 only acts as the gateway to the internet with full DV functionality.

Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• j1mbo
  • User
  • User
More
23 Sep 2021 12:53 #2 by j1mbo
Plug the SH2 LAN to Draytek WAN port. Set the WAN port of the Draytek to DHCP access, and MTU to 1500. Connect everything else in your network to the Draytek. Note that this will be a double-NAT situation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.