Vigor 2927ax - missing wireless

• konnexion
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Sep 2021 22:07 #1 by konnexion
Vigor 2927ax - missing wireless was created by konnexion
Here's a strange one. Ordered the above and fired it up - the Admin UI states it's the 2927 and indeed there is no wifi capability, no menu items to configure wifi. The unit itself has the wifi switch and a wireless password on the base. Almost as if the circuit board is the 2927 in the 2927ax chassis. Returned

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2021 17:42 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor 2927ax - missing wireless
Hmm, it looks like it's a bit too late to help with this, but thanks for sharing your experience.

If the wireless is 'missing', make sure the router has the 'ax' firmware. The 'ax' model routers need the 'ax' firmware for the wireless to work currently. Putting regular firmware on it may disable its wireless capability.

It's easy to do, since the regular firmware is 2 versions later right now. They should be up to the same version soon though.

Forum Administrator

• konnexion
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Sep 2021 22:50 #3 by konnexion
Replied by konnexion on topic Re: Vigor 2927ax - missing wireless
Updating the firmware was the final thing I tried. Out of the box I couldn't get wireless working

More
24 Sep 2021 09:38 #4 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor 2927ax - missing wireless
Ah okay, then there probably was some issue with it unfortunately. That should be quite rare I think. Thanks for confirming that you tried the different firmwares.

Forum Administrator