• joelang1699
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Oct 2021 20:31 #1 by joelang1699
Traffic between V/LANS was created by joelang1699
Hello Gents

I've recently just set up four V/LANS + SSIDs for my network i.e. Main, Guest, IoT, NoT. I require some talk between the LANS such as firesticks on IoT to talk to Emby/Plex on Main.

In order to get this working I had to enable Inter-LAN routing stated here at stage 3 https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-inter-lan-routing

I then had to do stages 4 - 6 in order to get the behaviour I was looking for. The question is, must stage three be used? Is not enough just to enable stage 5 (pass through traffic required) on its own? Does having Inter-LAN routing (stage 3) disabled mean zero inter LAN traffic under any circumstance?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2021 10:07 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Traffic between V/LANS
Hi there, you do need to set up step 3 to create the relationship between the two subnets, then you use the firewall to filter what goes between.

I agree though, the changes to the firewall that let you select in a Firewall Filter Rule which VLAN / LAN interfaces each Filter Rule applies to, do make it a bit superfluous. But changing that would require requesting it.
The downside to making that change would be that the setup flow for just having access between subnets would be more complex. It might also break existing configurations so it's probably not worth changing it overall.

Forum Administrator

• joelang1699
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Oct 2021 18:34 #3 by joelang1699
Replied by joelang1699 on topic Re: Traffic between V/LANS
Hello mate.

Thanks for the information. I just assumed the firewall was already isolating the two LANs and that a pass rule would all that's required. No matter though as I have it working the way I want.

Many thanks for the reply.