DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Help with IP address set up?

• jonnystenhouse
  • Topic Author
More
13 Oct 2021 09:52 #1 by jonnystenhouse
Help with IP address set up? was created by jonnystenhouse
I can't seem to access the IP address 192.168.1.1 that is shown in the quick set up guide that came with our router... any ideas? :? Please keep it simple as I am a super newbie to this sort of stuff! :oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• colinjmair
  • User
  • User
More
13 Oct 2021 13:10 #2 by colinjmair
Replied by colinjmair on topic Re: Help with IP address set up?
What type of device are you trying to connect with, e.g. PC. Waht operating system as you using e.g. Windows ?
Is the device you are using connected to the router directly via an ethernet cable ?

regards

Colin

• jonnystenhouse
  • Topic Author
More
14 Oct 2021 09:28 #3 by jonnystenhouse
Replied by jonnystenhouse on topic Re: Help with IP address set up?
Good Morning Colin,
Thank you for taking the time to help with my question.
I am currently trying to connect using a PC with Windows, and it is connected using the Wifi signal. I have a connection to the internet, and I am able to browse and do normal things, but when I try to connect to the IP address that was in the manual, it keeps saying that there is an "invalid response". Do you know of another way to access the IP address to I can log in to the Router Web Interface?
Many Thanks,
Jonny

More
14 Oct 2021 10:17 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Help with IP address set up?
What IP address is your PC receiving from the router? (Windows Key - Settings - Network and Internet should enable you to find it).

It has to be in the 192.168.1.x range for you to access 192.168.1.1

• inspectorman
  • User
  • User
More
17 Oct 2021 12:16 #5 by inspectorman
Replied by inspectorman on topic Re: Help with IP address set up?
Get a command prompt window up and running. (Start - Programmes - Windows System - Command Prompt if your search / run boxes aren't working) Type ipconfig /all. Lots of useful info on your network; Default gateway and / or DHCP server may well be pointing at the router's IP address.

Failing that a reset of the router will take the router back to default settings - but will lose your login credentials with your ISP. Don't do this unless you have a record of what they are!

It's not impossible that you are, in fact, connected to someone else's unsecured wifi network........this would be confirmed by switching your router off. If you still have interwebs then you are connected somewhere else.