DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Hook a Vigor voip router onto a BT smart hub 2 for Voip

More
22 Aug 2022 10:00 #7 by dottedquad
Solved drop in thoughput (from 45Mbps to 15Mbps). I had forgotten to adjust upwards the maximum up/down bandwidths set on WAN2 in the 2866 Bandwidth Management >> Quality of Service page. So I now see the same up/down rates in speedtests (45Mbps/10Mbps) whether measured from a PC plugged into the SH2 or from a pc plugged into the 2866 running behind the SH2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2022 11:51 #8 by piste basher
I'm intrigued that you've ventured into the dark arts of QOS settings but don't know how to turn off the Data Flow Monitor :)

More
22 Aug 2022 12:02 #9 by dottedquad

Piste Basher wrote:
I'm intrigued that you've ventured into the dark arts of QOS settings but don't know how to turn off the Data Flow Monitor :)

I'd forgotten I'd switched the Data Flow Monitor 'on'! Seems it has little or no impact on download rates, in my case.

More
09 Jul 2023 12:52 #10 by chris_long
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help - I'm developing a flat bit on my forehead where I bang it against the wall.

I have a 2865/903 mesh set up - but BT has given us a smart hub 2 and for the next year or so we *need* the landline (long story short: ill elederly parents) so we have to live with it

So how to attach the Smart Hub?

The hub has an address of 192.168.1.254 (this looks like the new default address for it - all of them have it) so I guessed it would be out of the range of my current addresses, so its not changed.

Is my thinking that it needs not to be changed is that correct...?

Disable pppoe - enable WAN2

But 'Obtain an IP address automatically' asks for a router name and domain name And NOT an IP address- I tried 'Smart Hub 2' and the ip address and nothing - any ideas?

There is specifiy an ip address so I tried that, and it asks for a gateway address but I don't know where to get that - there are two ip adresses that are on the SH2 but neither worked.

I have disabled WIFI and DHCP on the SH2

Any help will be pathetically greatfully received

Cheers
Chris

Moderators: Sami