Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2830n Connecting

• abaana
  • Topic Author
More
02 Dec 2021 17:54 #1 by abaana
Vigor 2830n Connecting was created by abaana
Hey,

So we have been using the Vigor 2830n for a good few years now with no issues.

Last year we set up a load of VPNs for staff to work from home.

Today I hit a problem.

1) My machine was connecting through my VPN and decided to use my VPN setting to test for another machine I was setting up. basically just change the name and password, but when I went back to log in it wouldnt and I am pretty sure I have the password (1 of 3) options, but I can't seem to get any to work. Does the Router lock you out if you try to many times. I did get some other messages that keeping frustating me like Port still open (when trying to connect) but I am just trying to rule out that I might be temp locked down.

2) I went to log into the router and the user and password I normally used for this did not work. This probably concerns me more because I have not recolection of changing it. I do remember trying to set up a second user account to log into the router and it failed but during the first lockdown I was on it pretty regulary and now I just cant log in. I was connecting via VPN and then using the internal IP address. Could I be doing anything wrong or is it possible the firewall in the router is blocking me or something?

Any Help much appreciated

Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
03 Dec 2021 00:38 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor 2830n Connecting
Do you have an external Syslog server? - that would be the place to look for error messages related to this issue.

(Even if you have, I just tried it - and it's not overly useful :(
You need to be logging "User access" ... and if you purposefully enter an invalid password, it says "invalid user" :roll: )

Try a power-cycle ... it might just have 'got its knickers in a twist' :wink:

I don't think the 2830 has any sort of Brute Force defence. Certainly there's nothing you can configure in this regard, to protect Management Logins.

Since Remote Teleworker / VPN logins appear to be still working, this says that the router hasn't simply been reset to Factory Settings through some physical interaction.

Did anyone else know the 'admin' password? ... and could they have changed it? (That's one of the few benefits of having "User Access" logged")

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.