DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 setup for Vodafone Superfast

• capobomba
  • Topic Author
More
06 Dec 2021 16:09 #1 by capobomba
Vigor 130 setup for Vodafone Superfast was created by capobomba
Hello folks, I hope you are all doing well!
Until recently I have been accessing the internet using my standard Vodafone Gigabox.
I purchased the Vigor 130 as well as a TP LINK AX50 router and need to setup everything.
Unfortunately I was not able to connect Vigor 130 to the internet and I am really desperate for any guidance you could provide me with. I would like to connect the Vigor to the internet and then use exclusively as modem. The router will then connect to my pc and phone.
The problem is, I do not have the minimum idea on how to setup the Vigor to connect with the Vodafone broadband (my understanding is they use BT Openreach tech). It is supposed to be a plug and play device however no matter what I have tried, It does not connect with the internet. I cannot see any IP from Vodafone on the admin dashboard or any other information flowing through.
I have accessed the admin dashboard multiple times, trying different things but to no avail.
Please can you help me? Ideally provide me with screenshots or simple instructions on how to connect Vigor 130 with my broadband.
thank you so much in advance :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
07 Dec 2021 02:07 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor 130 setup for Vodafone Superfast

capobomba wrote:
I purchased the Vigor 130 as well as a TP LINK AX50 router and need to setup everything.
Unfortunately I was not able to connect Vigor 130 to the internet and I am really desperate for any guidance you could provide me with. I would like to connect the Vigor to the internet and then use exclusively as modem. The router will then connect to my pc and phone.

AIUI (I don't have one) the Vigor 130 is largely plug-and-play. You connect the Router's WAN port to the Vigor 130's LAN port and to quote the Draytek web page:
" All login/ISP details are entered on the connected client device, not the Vigor 130." (so the TPLink AX50, in your case)

(The UK model Vigor 130 is just a modem, not a router. It will not 'connect to the internet' i.e. obtain an IP address from the ISP by itself.)

This web page: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/How-to-Set-up-a-third-party-router-with-vodafone/td-p/2621214
indicates that you will have to have a conversation with Vodafone, as to what those login details are!

See also, the Draytek Vigor 130 support resources: https://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigor-130#overview

• capobomba
  • Topic Author
More
07 Dec 2021 15:15 #3 by capobomba
Replied by capobomba on topic Re: Vigor 130 setup for Vodafone Superfast
thank you very much for your response my friend.
it is now clear to me :-)