• leighwhitling
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Dec 2021 15:28 #1 by leighwhitling
Static Route was created by leighwhitling
Hi All

I dont know if this is possible as the DrayTek i am using, hosts both my LAN addresses as opposed to another router hosting another LAN.

So i have 2 LAN's setup [Main network & Guest Network]

Main network is LAN1 [192.168.1.0]
Guest network is LAN2 [192.168.3.0]

I have a printer on Main network [192.168.1.7] which i would like guests to be able to print on so can i link this with Static Routes ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2021 18:15 #2 by pharcyder
Replied by pharcyder on topic Re: Static Route
Yes if you've enabled Routing between those 2 LANs.....however all the wonderful auto-discovery broadcast magic that devices use to find resources on a Network won't work without an mDNS Repeater / Proxy in place.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
15 Dec 2021 01:16 #3 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Static Route

LeighWhitling wrote:
I have a printer on Main network [192.168.1.7] which i would like guests to be able to print on so can i link this with Static Routes ?

As @ phardcyder says, the guests will need some means of finding the printer, but the actual routing is already in place.

At "Diagnostics >> View Routing Table", you should be able to see entries similar to:
Code:
C~ 192.168.1.0/ 255.255.255.0 directly connected LAN1 C~ 192.168.3.0/ 255.255.255.0 directly connected LAN2

What might not be in place, is the 'permission' to route between them - almost like a firewall rule - by default, Routing is disabled between the LANs.

See: the bottom half of the GUI @ "LAN >> General Setup" to change this.