2862ac Wi-Fi issues since upgrade to 3.9.6.2

• rmistry22
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Dec 2021 09:16 #1 by rmistry22
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else having issues with Wi-Fi since moving to 3.9.6.2_BT?

I am finding, devices are disconnecting and not always automatically reconnecting?

R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2021 21:34 #2 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: 2862ac Wi-Fi issues since upgrade to 3.9.6.2
Hi

There was a similar issue (not identical) already posted on this forum - see my links below; it also related to a different model/product. With mine, speeds would be very low and then fluctuating; clients wouldn't connect (Android in particular).

I had the same disconnection issue on my 2762ac as you're describing. Draytek concluded that it was interference (even when I told them I was 20cm away from the router) and refused to do anything else to help me.

I have since then switched to Fritz!box and I no longer have any WiFi issues, even in different rooms.

More
28 Dec 2021 21:35 #3 by edinburgh
https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24346

https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=23378

• j1mbo
  • User
  • User
More
29 Dec 2021 09:38 #4 by j1mbo
In my experience with Draytek products, the routers are brilliant and the wifi is so bad as to be pretty much unusable. Assuming it's a home set-up, just get a mesh system like the BT 4x4 3-pack often on Amazon for £150 and turn off the Draytek wifi.

More
29 Dec 2021 10:01 #5 by edinburgh

J1mbo wrote:
In my experience with Draytek products, the routers are brilliant and the wifi is so bad as to be pretty much unusable. Assuming it's a home set-up, just get a mesh system like the BT 4x4 3-pack often on Amazon for £150 and turn off the Draytek wifi.

Apologies for hijacking this, but that would just be unacceptable. Draytek products aren't the cheapest on the market and so one should not be spending another £150 to have decent WiFi.

Draytek do need to look into the reasons why their WiFi is so bad. If it's firmware, they should fix it. If it's hardware, they should recall the worst performers.

• j1mbo
  • User
  • User
More
29 Dec 2021 11:07 #6 by j1mbo
Acceptable or not, nothing is going to change any time soon so best to just use something else and not get stressed about it tbh.