Dial in user

• trolleybus
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jan 2022 10:38 #1 by trolleybus
Dial in user was created by trolleybus
Have upgraded from 2830 to 2865 and used previous setting successfully and on line. Using Firmware Version 4.3.2.1_BT and the DSL Version is 8D1B17_A/B/C HW: A.

One thing has got me stuck and that is with setting up Remote Dial-in User. When I try to enable index 1 then the message: "If PPTP, L2TP, SSL VPN or OpenVPN is enabled, password cannot be null, otherwise, the corresponding profile cannot be enabled." appears. I just can't find where such a password should be entered.

Would appreciate help on this issue please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2022 11:16 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Dial in user
I don't have a 2865 but clicking on "enable" should open the settings page where you can enter all the details, including the username and password.

However, I notice that the "Live demo" of the 2865 just brings up the message you are getting, which isn't much help :(

More
31 Jan 2022 10:10 #3 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Dial in user
That will happen if you click 'Enable' from the main Remote Dial-in users page without configuring the profile first. To configure the profile, click on the Index 1., which is a clickable link. Then in there, you can configure the password in the upper right. There's only one type of VPN that doesn't have an individual password and that's IPsec IKEv1/IKEv2.

Forum Administrator