Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2927Lac Rebooting/Crashing Every Day

• allawishous
  • Topic Author
More
02 Feb 2022 16:29 #1 by allawishous
Vigor2927Lac Rebooting/Crashing Every Day was created by allawishous
Hi All,

Hoping someone can advise if this is abnormal or if others are having the same issue...

I upgraded from 2860Ln to the 2927Lac , after having 12 hours of an absolute nightmare with crashes (every 2-3 minutes) as soon as any amount of large data was thrown over WAN (thinking it was something to do with my settings), I realised it was the Firmware 4.3.2 (after about 10 different factory resets and network configurations annoyingly).
Rolled back to 4.2.4.2 and then data throughput was fine without crashes.

So now the router is performing as it should, apart from I am getting a crash pretty much every 23-24 hours. The router just reboots on its own.

I turned IPv6 off from the little button top left of the admin panel as I read somewhere it causes issue for some people, but this did not help....

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2022 13:30 #2 by admin3
I know it's quite frustrating when the router restarts - I've seen a couple of restarts over a 2-3 weeks running 4.3.2BT on a Vigor 2865ac.
DrayTek have had reports of a few issues with 4.3.2 that have been worked on and looking at the current status, the best firmware to fix these for the Vigor 2927 is going to be 4.4.0 RC6, contact DrayTek UK support to get that.

I recommend having a look through this guide for the actions to get this resolved: https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-troubleshoot-reboot
The debug log data will be useful to support as it may be an issue that was already reported and resolved, or it might be an as yet unknown problem.

Forum Administrator

• allawishous
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2022 16:23 #3 by allawishous
Replied by allawishous on topic Re: Vigor2927Lac Rebooting/Crashing Every Day
Thank you for this info. I will reach out to support to ask their advice / possible new firmware.

admin3 wrote:
I know it's quite frustrating when the router restarts - I've seen a couple of restarts over a 2-3 weeks running 4.3.2BT on a Vigor 2865ac.
DrayTek have had reports of a few issues with 4.3.2 that have been worked on and looking at the current status, the best firmware to fix these for the Vigor 2927 is going to be 4.4.0 RC6, contact DrayTek UK support to get that.

I recommend having a look through this guide for the actions to get this resolved: https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-troubleshoot-reboot
The debug log data will be useful to support as it may be an issue that was already reported and resolved, or it might be an as yet unknown problem.