Draytek router status page constantly reloading

• stevendt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Feb 2022 21:28 #1 by stevendt
Hi,

I have just “upgraded” a Draytek Vigor2860Vn+ to the latest firmware, 3.9.1. Since the upgrade, the router’s Dashboard status page looks like it is resetting/reloading every 4 seconds or so. The System Uptime and Current Time clear and refresh. The number of connected Wireless Lab clients, does not seem to change, but the number of wired LAN connections chops and changes.

This behaviour is the same when connected to the router both wirelessly and wired.

I am am pretty sure that thus did not happen before the upgrade.

Can anyone tell me if they have seen this too and/or whether is it expected behaviour?

It does not seem right to me !

Regards
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2022 08:46 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Draytek router status page constantly reloading
I've lost count of the number of Draytek routers (starting with the 2200 USB) that I've had over the years but I do recall seeing that behaviour on one of them in the dim and distant past. I can't remember what I did but I imagine it was either revert to the previous firmware or try a .rst upgrade and manual re-config.

Not very helpful, sorry.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
08 Feb 2022 17:03 #3 by hornbyp
Given that there aren't thousands of people complaining, it must - presumably - be related to the config?

My own 2860n is totally unusable with either 3.9.0 or 3.9.1 - I could zap it back to Factory Settings and slowly reconfigure it, but there doesn't seem to be any benefit (to me), over V3.8.9. (So that's what I'm running)

• stevendt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Feb 2022 05:54 #4 by stevendt
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I raised a case with Draytek, who despite the routers age, did at least take a look.

The less good news is that, as annoying and inconvenient as it is, this behaviour was deemed to be “normal”!

Coincident with the screen glitches, the router also loses count of the number of LAN connections. Draytek did at least confirm that this was an issue, but since the router was EOL, it was unlikely to be fixed :-(

I am in two minds whether to revert to a previous firmware as I really wanted to use the DrayDDNS feature if 3.9.1. It looks like I’m going to have to forgo that for the sake of stability though :-(

Regards
Dave