Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3rd party client VPN no throughout on WAN2

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
23 Feb 2022 18:04 #7 by hornbyp

digitalis1 wrote:
This is odd for a couple of reasons, firstly why does acceleration not affect WAN1?

Maybe it's related to it being enabled on more than one interface at a time? (Though quite why it would give that particular symptom is not obvious)

It could just be a bug of course; Draytek like to finish their product development in public :wink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2022 09:51 #8 by admin3
If it's happening specifically with WAN2 that could be down to some minor differences in the implementation of WAN1 vs WAN2. Since you're encountering the VPN coming up but then passing no traffic, that is a potential bug I would say. Since it's so easy to reproduce, I recommend reporting it to the support team so that it can be improved potentially.
You should be able to avoid the problem by exempting those LAN MAC addresses from Hardware Acceleration in the Exception List. This page has some good information for troubleshooting the hardware accelerator.

Forum Administrator

• digitalis1
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Feb 2022 17:35 #9 by digitalis1
Replied by digitalis1 on topic Re: 3rd party client VPN no throughout on WAN2
Thank you - do I submit a request on the tech support bit or is there somewhere else?

https://draytek.co.uk/support/techquery

• digitalis1
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Mar 2022 10:49 #10 by digitalis1
Replied by digitalis1 on topic Re: 3rd party client VPN no throughout on WAN2
I raised a ticket with support who sent me an RC firmware which fixed the issue with WAN2 / HA enabled and VPN client issues.

Extremely impressed with their response time :)