2860 to 2865 upgrade not good

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
09 Mar 2022 00:54 #7 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2860 to 2865 upgrade not good

admin3 wrote:
With that said though, I am seeing something odd on my iPhone with the 2865ac's wireless, where it'll be connected but not be able to send/receive.

I've got the same symptom with ESP8285's (contained within Sonoff S26 Wifi plugs ) - but in conjunction with a Vigor AP903. They are running firmware I have written, so I've assumed that it is something I'm doing wrong ... (Hitting the "de-auth" 'button' on the VigorAP903 recovers the situation almost instantly.

edinburgh wrote:
What I'm aware of is that every 24 hours they scan for radar, suspending access to WiFi for 10s or 10min, depending on the DFS band used.

It's apparently 1 or 10 minutes initially (depending on channel), then for one minute at least every 24 hours. I've set a (staggered) auto-reboot of both my Vigor AP903 and Vigor AP802, so that the 24 hour 're-scan' is done at 06:00.

See: https://draytek.co.uk/information/blog/ofcom-relax-the-rules-on-the-5ghz-band

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2022 09:36 #8 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2860 to 2865 upgrade not good
Ah yeah, sorry, I was a bit confidently incorrect there :)
Yes, the DFS behaviour does actually say as soon as radar is detected. Just wanted to suggest trying a non-DFS channel to see if that helps.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.