Losing ability to login view/access admin console

• ianbe
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Mar 2022 20:55 #1 by ianbe
Hello,

Have recently moved to BT FTTP connection from BT infinity where I was using a Draytek 2860 n+ plugged in the BT Modem. Have to use the BT SmartHub as first connection to ONT (modem) box as have digital voice service. Want to set up Smarthub2>Draytek and connect my gizmos to the Draytek as don’t trust the firewall on the SmartHub2 and it has no options for VLAN’s etc
Had to reset the Draytek recently as it either wouldn’t display the admin console login page or would display the page but not allow me to login. Today, reset the Draytek, restored settings from last backup, would not display the login page to router. Only the PC was plugged in to router. No other changes from when I restored from backup.
If I Reset to factory, Admin console is visible again. No restore of settings. If I plug network cable from BT Smarthub 2 into WAN2 on Draytek and set static IP address for wan connection, upon restart the admin console login is visible in the PC browser but will not accept the credentials. The PC is directly plugged into the Draytek. Unplugging the network cable from WAN 2 allows me to login again. Any ideas why?

Last query- once I’ve reset the router the options for enabled additional LAN’s are greyed out. Only LAN1 is enabled- Probably missing something basic. LAN1 to 4 were active on backed up config but that won’t display the login console if I restore it and restart. So think I’m going to have to start from scratch.
Any help would be much appreciated. This has been driving me nuts.

Thanks,

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
10 Mar 2022 23:50 #2 by hornbyp

IanBe wrote:
Unplugging the network cable from WAN 2 allows me to login again. ... So think I’m going to have to start from scratch.

If you can get the 2860n stable, long enough, you can backup your current config using the individual 'feature' backups. You can then restore these individually to the factory-reset 2860 to try and spot where the issue lies. (Some of the individual backups are plain-text, so you can divide the problem up further.)

My tip would be to use V3.8.9.8 of the 2860 firmware - my own 2860 isn't stable on V3.9.0 or V3.9.1 - at some point, I may have to go through this exercise myself :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.