Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862 Load-Balance/Route Policy blank

• jadzy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Mar 2022 22:20 #1 by jadzy
Hoping someone might know how to fix this one. I've configured some rules a for Load-Balance/Route Policy as i have a WAN1 and WAN2 interface to use. All good for several months. Then the page stopped displaying properly. The first page, rules 1-10 just displays the table headers. not rows 1-10.

Page 2 and rules 11-20 are fine, not that i've defined anything here.

Router has been like that for a several months now. not sorted out by the weekly reboot it does, nor a few firmware upgrades. i did consider resetting the rules back to default and seeing if that fixed it. but then i'd have to configure them up again without a reference to work from. part of why i've put up with it for ages.

any ideas?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2022 10:07 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2862 Load-Balance/Route Policy blank
It maybe a character in the title of one of the policy route rules causing it? For instance it doesn't like the " speechmarks anymore and won't let you enter that. You can use the web console command "ip policy_rt -v" to get a list of the current settings.
Then you can use "ip policy_rt -i 2 -o del" to delete rule 2, if you think that's the one causing trouble. If you can then see the router's policy route page 1, then it could be re-entered.
Don't use the "-o flush" setting unless you want to clear all policy route rules.

Forum Administrator

• jadzy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Mar 2022 20:20 #3 by jadzy
Replied by jadzy on topic Re: 2862 Load-Balance/Route Policy blank
Thanks for that reply. I spent ages trying to find a cli route to get to the config. The only CLI ref I could dig up was from 2016 and v1.3. this command isn't in it! so thanks very much for sharing what it is!

I had a few rules defined. some were disabled, so deleted those. some i decided weren't needed, so deleted them too.

got the whole of 4 rules left now. names all look pretty mundane and safe to me. The page still won't display, but i can grab the info, do a reset and recreate the rules now!

so thanks again!