Upgraded from 2860n to 2865ac, Ap not connected to internet

• cra2y80y
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Mar 2022 22:34 #1 by cra2y80y
Hi,

I had to upgrade my router as it kept getting disconnected so I went from a 2860n to a 2865ac.
I also have a couple of Ap810 that were configured via WDS.

Now the issue I have I can;t seem to get the Ap's to be able to talk to the router correctly, I've tried Universal Router, Ap, and Station modes with no success.
When I don get them to see the router I can access the internet on any wired pc's connected to the Ap's

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2022 13:44 #2 by piste basher
Someone might be able to help if you could clarify what the problem is. You say that the APs are not "talking" to the router but that wired devices connected to the APs are able to get an internet connection.
It seems therefore that the APs must be connected to the router - what do you mean by "talking"?

• cra2y80y
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Mar 2022 14:11 #3 by cra2y80y
I have 2865 setup connected to the internet.
i have two AP810 that has cabled devices attached to it, and can't be wired to the router.

Previously on a 2860 I used WDS to achieve this.

No matter what I try I end up not assigning IP addresses to the cabled devices hanging off the Access Points.

Would like to know the best way to get these three devices all communicating with each other and all devices cables and wifi access to the internet.

More
23 Mar 2022 15:22 #4 by piste basher
Ah - now I've looked at the 2865 specs I see that it only does WDS on the 5GHz band, and of course the AP810 doesn't have 5GHz.

Looks to me like your only hope may be Universal Repeater mode, but you say you've tried that - do you see the 2865's 2.4Ghz channel if you do an Access Point Discovery Scan on the AP810? What happens if you can see it and try to add it to the 810 in that mode?

• cra2y80y
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Mar 2022 22:21 #5 by cra2y80y
Well After 3 days of messing about I finally got the two AP810 talking to a new Vigor 2865.
Both are configured as Universal Repeater Mode, with static addresses.

IP Reservation on the Router.
Added both AP's into Access Control

AP management on router is never happy always Red and not connected.
But thats a little thing to worry about.
But they show in the Station List on the advanced tab.

Shame this wifi information is not better documented.

• cra2y80y
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Mar 2022 07:06 #6 by cra2y80y
Now the only thing that is not working correctly is you can't 'bind ip to mac' as multiple devices have the same mac address from the access point's.
But of a mess really. :x