DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Backup firmware on device

• desquinn
  • Topic Author
More
31 Mar 2022 12:34 #1 by desquinn
Backup firmware on device was created by desquinn
So we had (have) an issue with vpn /router stability on 2866s that ended up resetting configs on device possibly due to firmware recovery. So the device can keep a backup of a good firmware after X amount of hours.

Can someone confirm that this firmware backup on the device also contains the current router config at that time? I suspect and hope that it does and we can ensure that after deploying a new router that our process is to ensure that we manually do an on device firmware backup so it has that to revert to.

Des Quinn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2022 13:30 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Backup firmware on device
I've no idea, but couldn't you check it for yourself by doing a config backup and a firmware backup, then restore the firmware and see if you have retained the config? If not, you have a config backup to restore and have answered your question.

• desquinn
  • Topic Author
More
31 Mar 2022 17:59 #3 by desquinn
Replied by desquinn on topic Re: Backup firmware on device
the on device backup only seems to get triggered when the machine reboots due to stability and then its logic is that there may be a FW issue so use the fall back firmware.

But you may have given me a clue. If I make a config change and then try a manual backup "to the device" then it will allow the backup whereas the manual backup would say the one that is there is already up to date or the same or something like that.

Des Quinn