Dratek VOIP router and Sky full fibre

• talkingcats
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
07 Apr 2022 16:52 #1 by talkingcats
Dratek VOIP router and Sky full fibre was created by talkingcats
I am presently using a Vigor 2765 with a Sky FTTC connection with no issues. However at some point in the next couple of years I shall move to FTTP, which is already enabled on my street.

Since I will also be forced to go with VOIP does anyone have experience using a Vigor VAC model with Sky or BT VOIP? Clearly I would want to plug my phone into the VOIP port on the Draytek router. Has anyone done this successfully/

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2022 12:21 #2 by paddyclk
Replied by paddyclk on topic Re: Dratek VOIP router and Sky full fibre
what success or approach did you take when connecting to the SKY FTTP?

More
23 Jan 2024 21:36 #3 by roy.p
Replied by roy.p on topic Re: Dratek VOIP router and Sky full fibre
Has anyone got this working with Sky FTTP?

More
05 Feb 2024 18:51 #4 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: Dratek VOIP router and Sky full fibre
I can tell you that you won't be able to use BT's digital voice with Draytek, as the config for digital voice is hardwired into BT home hub, and there's no way of finding out the credentials (there are some old posts about those on different telecoms forums, but since then bt have tightened things up). So, if you want to keep the number, you need to port your BT number away from BT to a different provider, but only when you're about to sign up for a new broadband contract, and then sign up for BT FTTP. Otherwise, cancelling or porting away BT number while you're still in contract, especially at the start of it, will result in you inadvertently cancelling your broadband connection, too, and then incurring early cancellation fees.

Not sure about sky FTTP, but surely if there was an issue, this would pop up in the internet searches.

Moderators: Sami