DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Vigor 2866 Starlink issues

• degreecy
  • Topic Author
More
22 Apr 2022 15:35 #1 by degreecy
Draytek Vigor 2866 Starlink issues was created by degreecy
Not sure if anyone has same issue, but my setup is dual WAN (WAN 1 - DSL, WAN 2 - Starlink) on the Vigor 2866 (Firmware 4.3.2.1.BT) . Have two issues

1. Cannot access Starlink statistics which are via 192.168.100.1 (dishy.starlink.com)

The router automatically puts the route into the routing table - yet it is simply not accessible!

Code:
C 192.168.100.1/ 255.255.255.255 directly connected WAN2

I've tried a variety of static routes attempts, and they don't work. This has to be a problem with the Draytek as it worked fine with MikroTik and a TP-Link router. I've asked their support but nothing back yet of any sense.

2. Loss of connection if starlink reboots
Overnight if Starlink reboots, it will temporarily give a 192.168.100.x address whilst it obtains a new address from their network. This causes the 2866 to go into tailspin as it won't refresh to the new address. Terminal command of renewing DHCP on WAN2 does not resolve for me - it requires a full re-boot of the router to pick up the new DHCP WAN address (usually 100.x.x.x). Workaround I guess is automatic schedule of rebooting, but this is unacceptable really unless there is a script to automatically detect an IP change?

Can anyone help with a solution , especially to part 1 ! I hear that on other devices Draytek updated the firmware, but no view on whether this will be rolled out to other devices like the 2866.

Thanks!
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• degreecy
  • Topic Author
More
25 Apr 2022 14:06 #2 by degreecy
Replied by degreecy on topic Re: Draytek Vigor 2866 Starlink issues
Solved the statistics issues - seems to be working.

Absolutely nothing on the web that I can find - and no support from Draytek but I thought maybe try load balancing policy.

Setup a Route Policy
IP Range 192.168.100.1 to 192.168.100.1
Interface: Whichever WAN your Starlink is on (my case WAN2)
Specific Gateway: 192.168.100.1
Force NAT: On
Failover: WAN2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.