Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Central Management Vlan Issue

• matthewreading
  • Topic Author
More
23 May 2022 11:09 #1 by matthewreading
Central Management Vlan Issue was created by matthewreading
Hi All,

I hope someone here can shed some light on an issue I am having.
I am in the process of setting up a multi vlanned network for a building with 13 Suites, the idea being that each suite will have its own vlan, dhcp and a central gateway.
This is the second of 2 buildings I have configured but the other had only 4 vlans and I did not have the issues I am now having.

I have a 2962 configured with 13 vlans, each with its own /24 subnet.
I am looking to use Central Management to configure and administer the vlans, and as I am using a P2540x Switch the Router is running the Mainline Firmware 4.3.1.1/v19.

The issue I am having is that Central Management looks like it gets stuck loading the vlans under the profile of the switch. The page loads without any of the port configuration and all you can see is "External Switch VLAN"

I have tested this by disabling all but 2 vlans in LAN > VLAN (101 & 102) if I then load the vlan profile page of the switch I am presented with the port grid where I can move the ports into the correct vlan, at this stage there are 3 vlans showing, vlan 0, 101 & 102

I then enabled 5 move vlans and again they show up in the vlan profile page for the switch, so now I have vlans 0, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 & 107
I enabled another 3 vlans (up to 110 now) and I was able to configure them on the switch.

I then enabled the last 3 vlans and I was back to not being able to see any of the ports on the vlan tab of the profile configuration of the switch.
I then disabled the vlans one by one (113, then 112) until I was left with 0, 101-111 enabled and I was able to see and configure the vlan ports.

So I now have 11 vlans visible and 0 as the management vlan but I cannot enable the last 2 vlans without loosing access to vlan profile within central management

Hopefully that makes some sort of sense has anyone else come across this issue before?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• matthewreading
  • Topic Author
More
26 May 2022 15:21 #2 by matthewreading
Replied by matthewreading on topic Re: Central Management Vlan Issue
***Update***

This has been escalated to Draytek Developers as a bug and hoping to be fixed in the next release

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.