Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2927 FW 4.4.0 APPE signature not upgrading

• bookit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 May 2022 14:16 #1 by bookit
In preparation for FTTP I have upgraded from a Vigor 2862 to a Vigor 2927 using the 2862 as a modem on WAN2, all other WANs are disabled. The 2927 is on FW 4.4.0.

The system is running fine apart from APPE signature upgrades. The 2927 is time synching using external NTP, sending alert emails and updating DDNS. Using 2927 diagnostics I can ping myvigor.draytek.com. It shows valid licences for APPE and WCF. So, it is happy connecting via WAN2.

The APP Signature Upgrade page shows the license as activated but shows “Connect failed” for signature upgrade asking, “Please check your WAN connection”.
I have tried changing “upgrade interface” from auto-selected to WAN2 and “Setup Download Server” from auto-selected to myvigor.draytek.com without success. I’ve also tried reactivating licence and forcing a synch.

I can see a syslog entry “[APPE][Scheduled upgrade for APPE signature.]” but nothing regarding the failure.

I’d be grateful for any confirmation that users with 2927 on 4.4.0 are successfully upgrading APPE signatures and any suggestions how I might resolve this please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bookit
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Aug 2022 12:23 #2 by bookit
Been going around in circles with DrayTek UK support for weeks on this. On Friday I received this update:

“Hi, I'm taking over this ticket. I have contacted the developers in relation to this, and the upgrade of signatures is no longer done via MyVigor. Hasn't been for some time, apparently. The signature updates have been incorporated into the firmware upgrades. This feature was meant to be removed from the router's Web GUI and clicking force Sync on the MyVigor website does nothing. All of these options were meant to be removed by the development teams but it, unfortunately, hasn't happened yet. Once you are running the most up-to-date firmware you will have the updated APPE signatures. I do apologise this information wasn't supplied at the very beginning when you logged this ticket. Is there anything else I can do for you?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.