• mumpty
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 May 2022 10:15 #1 by mumpty
BT Cloud voice - drop outs was created by mumpty
Morning,

anyone have any issues with BT Cloud voice, i have plugged in a yealink module and have numerous yealink phones and i get drops outs on calls.
i have setup the QOS and the system picks up the phone but when talking the call goes in and out, from web searches it mentions going back to a BT router but obviously i want to stick to the draytek unit.

is there any specific extra settings i need to make?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2022 14:52 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: BT Cloud voice - drop outs
Check whether you have the [Firewall] > [Defense Setup] > DoS Defense enabled or not. IF it's enabled, turn off the UDP flood defense.

Otherwise, if you've got a newer router like a Vigor 2865 running 4.2.x.x firmware, update it to the later 4.3.x.x firmware. Which can help if you're seeing packet loss on those router models.

Forum Administrator

• mumpty
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jun 2022 10:43 #3 by mumpty
Replied by mumpty on topic Re: BT Cloud voice - drop outs
Thanks, just confirmed and the firewall defense isnt on and its at the latest firmware 3.9.8.1 on a Vigor 2926 Router.

I have also setup QOS and opened a port directly to the phone.

More
07 Jun 2022 07:33 #4 by brian0286
Replied by brian0286 on topic Re: BT Cloud voice - drop outs
I'm not sure if it's enabled or disabled by default but do you have SIP ALG enabled? Most VOIP providers including voice cloud I believe recommend this is disabled and one of the possible problems I've seen with SIP ALG enabled in the past is call dropouts.