Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2962-K Queries

• brian0286
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jun 2022 07:18 #1 by brian0286
2962-K Queries was created by brian0286
Good Morning All,
Looking for a new router to replace my BT supplied smart hub 2. I have worked with draytek over the years so am familiar with them. One feature I haven't really touched on is hardware acceleration. My connection is consumer BT FTTP 900 (900/100) and the router will be for home use. Both home working, streaming, xbox and ps gaming including remote play. I want to replace the BT supplied router to use my own DNS, DNS filtering/redirection and Web filtering etc. I do not need WiFi as I use Unifi APs.

My main questions with the hardware acceleration is:

I know it occasionally rarely causes issues, if it does can it be disabled on the 2962?

Can anyone advise the single WAN PPPOE NAT/Firewall throughput with hardware acceleration disabled? I could find this information for the 2927 but not the 2962.

I wouldn't want to disable hardware acceleration out of the box but wanted to ensure that it would not be saturated by my connection if I did have to disable hardware acceleration for any reason.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2022 11:46 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2962-K Queries
The hardware acceleration of the Vigor 2962 is handled very differently than on the V2865,V2765,V2927 type routers. On the Vigor 2962, the acceleration is more fundamental in its session management and there isn't fast path / slow path that you get with hardware acceleration on other models. That means that unlike the V2927, which has some minor limitations for full hardware acceleration, the 2962 is always giving full performance, which is why the "HwAcc/non-HwAcc" speed isn't listed.

All of its features can be used at the same time, without its performance being affected and it can handle well over 2Gbps :)

Forum Administrator

• brian0286
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jun 2022 12:11 #3 by brian0286
Replied by brian0286 on topic Re: 2962-K Queries
That's great thank you for clarifying. Does this mean unlike the optional approach to Hardware acceleration this more static approach means that there should be no need to disable hardware acceleration when certain "qwerks" occur like you may occasionally see for other models? Sounds like a great piece of kit!

Thanks so much for your help.