DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

two internet lines, need to remove one

More
09 Jun 2022 20:45 #1 by purge
Hello,

We have 2 internet lines, one line is a normal PSTN internet line, the other is a leased line. Obviously we want to get rid of the older internet line, but we are not sure how it is connect to our Dreytek Vigor 2760 router.

I was told to take the line from the dreytek router and plug it into my phone and call my mobile to see the number, if it was the old PSTN line, then it should be cancelled, but then how would the leased line internet continue? I have noticed 2 WAN setups in the dreytek router configuration.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2022 21:09 #2 by brian0286
Replied by brian0286 on topic Re: two internet lines, need to remove one
Good Evening,

Your PSTN would normally go back to a faceplate with external filter or filtered faceplate. Your leased line would normally go back to optical termination equipment. I'd also imagine if you have a line connected to the RJ11 ADSL/VDSL port of the router that this is the one you wish to cancel as the leased line is an ethernet service and would go straight to your RJ45 WAN ports.

More
09 Jun 2022 21:14 #3 by brian0286
Replied by brian0286 on topic Re: two internet lines, need to remove one
I have just checked and in dual wan setup the 2760 would be usually configured with the PSTN to the VDSL/ADSL port (RJ11). The leased line I would expect to be connected to port four of the RJ45 ports which is switchable from LAN to Ethernet WAN.

Once you're happy which connection is which you will need to check in the router interface how they are setup. For example load balancing or failover. If you have any traffic explicitly routed over the PSTN line then you will need to reconfigure this traffic over the leased line before terminating. If it is only failover then terminating the PSTN will have no impact.