3910, v4.3.1 - High Availability in Hot Standby with WAN IP Aliases

• service_bb
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jun 2022 07:58 #1 by service_bb
Hi All,

I've opened a ticket with support but was wondering if anyone else had come across this.

We use High Availability in Hot-Standby mode and have several WAN IP Alias. We use load-balance routes/policies to present specific subnets/vlan's as a different WAN IP.

When we enable HA in Hot-Standby mode, our primary WAN IP continues to work perfectly but our load-balance routes/policies on the Alias IP's see frequent periods of packet loss. If we exclude the WAN settings and disable the WAN on the secondary/slave router then everything works perfectly.

From the findings above, my suspicion is that when in HA Hot-Standby Mode, the secondary/slave router is correctly disabling the main WAN IP but not correctly disabling the IP Aliases.

I think this started happening in the v4 firmware branches as I'm unable to reproduce this on the last stable v3.

Anyone else come across / able to reproduce?

Kind regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• service_bb
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
28 Jun 2022 08:10 #2 by service_bb
FWIW, we see the same on 4.3.1.1
Have provided further findings to Draytek Support overnight.

• lordforbes
  • User
  • User
More
11 Sep 2022 22:55 #3 by lordforbes
Hi there

I'll have a go - we have a couple of 3910's in HA mode (hot standby) with several WAN Alias IP's. I need an outage (probably not until next week) to fail over and test this....I setup HA a couple of weeks ago and the thing that concerns me is I cant actually prove it's even sync'ed properly.

Does this look as it's supposed to? Basically I can only see one router (even though it thinks its sync'd successfully) with STABLE=YES, SYNC=READY ... but only the primary router shows, - there's no sign of the backup ... (and it's not pingable either). Is this as expected?

More
13 Sep 2022 08:58 #4 by keith_lin
Hi there,

HA with WAN IP Alias issues has been fixed in the latest firmware (i.e. v3910 4.3.2 release)