Let's Encrypt certificate request stuck on "Requesting"

• ctluk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jun 2022 17:49 #1 by ctluk
Hi,

Something I've done loads of times before but this time I've hit a problem. The certificate request program failed to complete, DNS issue which maybe because the DDNS hadn't finished registering? Anyway now the certificate is stuck in a "Requesting" state and I can't figure out how to recover from this, I've tried a reboot and cleared out the DDNS settings but this issue persists.

Any help gratefully received
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jul 2022 22:36 #2 by e.ringrose
Is there anything showing in the log?

What device/firmware?

• ctluk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Jul 2022 09:21 #3 by ctluk
Thanks for the reply. I did have to get support involved, the main issue was some weirdness between the router and MyVigor account. However something I did learn is that you can kill the "Requesting" issue by going to "Certificate Management" -> "Local Certificates" and here you'll find the pending certificate and you can delete it which removes the requesting state.

More
18 Aug 2022 14:33 #4 by piste basher
Does anybody know what this means -

Note:
1. The Create function of Let's Encrypt certificate works only when the current profile has been stored.

Which profile and stored where?

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
19 Aug 2022 19:15 #5 by e.ringrose
DDNS can have multiple accounts configured (although many will only have a single one) which allows for use with multiple WAN interfaces.

So in this instance I believe profile is the same as account, so it will only create a new certificate once you click on OK which saves the current settings of the account selected.