DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firewall rules... SOme help please

More
04 Jul 2022 09:20 #1 by haywardi
Firewall rules... SOme help please was created by haywardi
I am probably going to kick myself when someone tells me the answer to this question, but for now I am stuck.

I want to host a simple Website from one of my servers. I have installed IIS on the server and the simple web site works, when accessing from the the Lan.

However, when I use the domain name I can not access the site, Chrome simple says site not reachable.

I know my DNS settings are correct as I can turn on the web interface on my 2862 to I am able to login remotely.

I have tried opening post 80 on the Router, but I am still unable to access this simple web site.

Can someone let me know what I am missing or have forgotten to do?

Thanks in advance
Iain

Iain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2022 11:45 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Firewall rules... SOme help please
When you say you have "opened" port 80 on the router, do you mean you have used port redirection or open ports to direct port 80 to the LAN IP of your server, and hence also changed the management port of the router from the default of 80 if it is on the same WAN, unless you have multiple WAN IP's and have used a different one to direct to the server, in which case you can use 80 to access both the router and another device?

More
04 Jul 2022 13:48 #3 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: Firewall rules... SOme help please
Good question. I placed an entry into the Firewall saying source id any, local id <the internal server IS address>, port 80.

However, I did try the open port method but it says conflicted with the management port so didn't proceed.

Iain

More
04 Jul 2022 14:25 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Firewall rules... SOme help please
Well unless you change the management port to something other than 80 (8080 is a popular choice) I don't think you will succeed...

More
04 Jul 2022 14:33 #5 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: Firewall rules... SOme help please
OK, I'll try, thank you :-)

Iain