2865 - Firmware 4.4.0 - BT FTTC Dropping connection

• ctluk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jul 2022 16:57 #1 by ctluk
Hi,

I've just installed a 2865 connected to a BT Business FTTC, the connection has been great for 6 days and today it dropped out and didn't reconnect. The error I received was "No response from server side", the line information showed the DSL as connected (Showtime) but the WAN1 was down with that error. The router didn't appear to try to reconnect and the only way to recover was a reboot - not ideal for a retail business. I have my issues with BT, they are usually the company I know when plugging in a DrayTek into them it just works so this is a new one on me. I put the firmware version in the subject just in case anyone has experienced any issues like this since upgrading, in my case it's a brand new router.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot the issue or other pointers gratefully received.

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2022 22:22 #2 by edinburgh
Hi

I had a similar issue with my 2762. I did a complete reset and rebuilt from scratch (restoring the config didn't help). I suggest that you double-check the username and password, and check all the DSL settings twice.

I don't know what's caused that error, though. I have a poor (noisy) line and sometimes experience LOS.

More
06 Jul 2022 07:55 #3 by desquinn
we have had a similar isssue and have since seen more stability on 4.4 so far but prior to that we changed modem code being used and it seemed to give some relief but that requires a reboot as well.

Des Quinn

• ctluk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Jul 2022 09:19 #4 by ctluk
Thanks for the replies, I am using the usual greenlight user name for the BT broadband but I might speak to the customer to see if BT have also supplied a specific username/password as it's quite a old install. Likewise it isn't a great line, 10Mbits up, 600k up so that might be a factor. I was just surprised that the router didn't manage to reconnect.