Vigor 2925n rebooting loop

• wallsy
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
21 Jul 2022 07:23 #1 by wallsy
Vigor 2925n rebooting loop was created by wallsy
Hi, i have a 2925n n router that has an issue that after upgrading firmware from 3.7.8.1 to 3.9.1 the router is in a reboot loop , i cant get on to the browser page and when i try and update the firmware again, using the firmware update utility , with the router in tftp mode, i dont get enough time to update it as the router reboots evey minute, so the utility eventually says 'waiting for router response timeout, is there anything else i can try? we have 3 router in this state, possibly due to a corrupt config file. can the tftp timeout be extended, can i open it up and do anything?

thanks

james

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2022 11:14 #2 by desquinn
Replied by desquinn on topic Re: Vigor 2925n rebooting loop
we had something similar to this on 286x routers and the nearest we got to was that the automatic firmware recovery setting was on and it was triggereing it. But that was a guess and we avooided it after that. But when TFTP was being used we eventually got it then to take a firmware and start to behave. We then reset them and applied a fresh firmware again and they seem to be ok.

We are still not sure what the actual issue was but ours tended to get to a state that wehn you rebooted them after being up they would reboot a couple of time instead of the once and lose their config. And with the TFTP steps or factor reset it was problematic until it seemed to work. Not giving you much help here but would reach out the draytek direct to be honest. Really crashed our confidence on them.

Des Quinn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.