Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 Routing Policy Stops Working

• rkchris
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
11 Aug 2022 16:12 #1 by rkchris
I've done some searching of the forums to no avail...

Has anyone seen any issues with the Routing Policy just randomly stopping on a 2860? Recently, I've noticed some policies stop working as they should, and it requires a reboot to make them work again.

These policies have been in place for around 6 months with no issue, up until the last week or so, but nothing config wise has been changed.

The policy routes all traffic for addresses 192.168.100.0 - 192.168.150.255 through a specific gateway. If I set these up individually in Static routes, then they instantly work.

So to be clear... Routing Policies stop, Static Routes work, and rebooting also makes the policies work again, but only for a short period of time before they stop.

Using the Route Diagnosis tool, it matches any of the example IP's to the correct policy. whether IRL they're working or not.

Anyone had anything similar?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2022 17:30 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Routing Policy Stops Working
You say nothing config wise has changed, but has anything else changed?

If not, the 2860 is pretty old now (has yours turned yellow yet?) and maybe something is starting to fail. Common advice appears to be check the power supply - can you swap that out as an easy test?

• rkchris
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Aug 2022 19:52 #3 by rkchris
Replied by rkchris on topic Re: Vigor 2860 Routing Policy Stops Working
Thanks for the reply.

I've swapped it out with a new 2927, all good now.