Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How to setup a DMZ

• draytek_2865_2
  • Topic Author
More
23 Aug 2022 13:00 #1 by draytek_2865_2
How to setup a DMZ was created by draytek_2865_2
Hello,

I have a 2865 and I want to setup a DMZ for a webserver setup and allow all outside traffic to hit port 80 and 443 and the web server have access to one IP address on main LAN. My 2865 doesn't have a dedicated DMZ port. Is it possible to set this up with my current router?

What's the best setup for this please?

Many thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2022 14:10 #2 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: How to setup a DMZ
For straightforward set-ups, there's no reason why you shouldn't consult the manual/KB. Have you checked such resources yet? If not, please do so. If not, be specific about the issue that you're having a difficulty with.

• draytek_2865_2
  • Topic Author
More
23 Aug 2022 14:34 #3 by draytek_2865_2
Replied by draytek_2865_2 on topic Re: How to setup a DMZ
Thanks for the reply.

I have searched Draytek support but couldn't find a specify guide for this. I am hoping I can configure the 2865 to use one of the P ports as a dedicated DMZ port. I know some routers already come with a DMZ port but is it possible on the 2865 to configure one of the P ports to be a DMZ port?

Thanks!

• draytek_2865_2
  • Topic Author
More
23 Aug 2022 16:08 #4 by draytek_2865_2
Replied by draytek_2865_2 on topic Re: How to setup a DMZ
Hi All,

Ok so I have now setup the DMZ and have a server hosted on another subnet and it has webaccess via P5 which is all working fine.

I need to allow the webserver IP - 172.16.1.2 to hit a couple of ports on the main LAN - 192.168.1.2 ports 5555. How do I go about achieving this.... with a firewall rule?

Many thanks!

More
23 Aug 2022 16:13 #5 by desquinn
Replied by desquinn on topic Re: How to setup a DMZ
it does have a DMZ port but you can do it by simple port forwarding as well. Port 5 is the DMZ port and within the interface you can configure it.

this should get you there - https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5213

Des Quinn

More
04 Sep 2022 14:55 #6 by jann
Replied by jann on topic Re: How to setup a DMZ

edinburgh wrote:
For straightforward set-ups, there's no reason why you shouldn't consult the manual/KB. Have you checked such resources yet? If not, please do so. If not, be specific about the issue that you're having a difficulty with.

I disagree - the DrayTek manuals can be extremely hard to follow and often badly translated. The 'Help Guides' have been created in full knowledge of this to provide greater clarity I assume.
Personally I only respond to people's questions when I am able to impart helpful information to them.