DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Intermittent but regular disconnection on 2927

• teithiwr
  • Topic Author
More
30 Aug 2022 11:47 #1 by teithiwr
I have Starlink connected via a Draytek Vigor 2927 router using Ethernet. The router has a VDSL failback which kicks in when pings fail on the primary WAN port.

Every couple of days it failsover and the VDSL kicks in. The Starlink app tells me that it's still connected and shows the status as in the screenshot.

I'm assuming the traffic showing is the pings. If I physically pull the ethernet cable from WAN1 and reinsert it, then it reconnects, until the next time.

ny ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• service_bb
  • User
  • User
More
31 Aug 2022 19:35 #2 by service_bb
Anecdotal so take with a pinch of salt but I have a 2927 at one site (without failover) which experienced a blip on the upstream router, the ISP resolved this but we continued to have no internet access despite the ISP saying everything was fine (and being able to ping their router externally). Everything returned to normal after we rebooted the Draytek.

WAN Detection was set to ARP at this location, given yours was set to ping but we had a very similar scenario I suspect a logic failure on the Draytek (I do always assume the worst)

I was however on an older firmware (4.2.4.2) when this happened, I've updated to 4.4.0 and waiting to see if it happens again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.