Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 167 with Synology RT2600ac

• sunrunner4kr
  • Topic Author
More
14 Oct 2022 16:52 #1 by sunrunner4kr
Vigor 167 with Synology RT2600ac was created by sunrunner4kr
Hi all,

I've just bought a Vigor 167, and trying to get it working with a Synology Router RT2600ac, over PPPoE.

I've tested the 167 in router mode, connecting over PPPoE directly to my ISP, and it establishes a connection fine.
However, as soon as I try and use the Synology, it just cannot connect. I'm using the exact same PPPoE user details.

The router worked fine with a Virgin hub in modem mode at a previous address (high-speed fibre). But haven't been able to get it working at all with PlusNet, at new address on DSL with either the PlusNet Hub 2 in modem mode, or the Vigor 167.

I'm clutching at straws, at what might be wrong...

The quickstart guide that came with the item explained to set the VDSL2 tag to 101, however the Vigor router guide online suggests 200. Not sure if this is relevant.

Has anyone got this router working with a Vigor series modem? Or does anyone have any ideas what i'm doing wrong, or should check?

Much appreciate any advice people can offer. Thanks, Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2022 08:50 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 167 with Synology RT2600ac
A reading of the Quick Start Guide does indicate some scope for confusion - it states that the modem will connect to most UK ISP's "out of the box" (just like the 130), but then goes on to suggest setting the VLAN tag to 101 in the modem. The PPPoE settings, and the VLAN tag of 101, are usually set in the router, with the modem in "out of the box" state.

I know nothing about the Synology router but the settings for VLAN tag appear to be described here https://kb.synology.com/en-global/SRM/tutorial/If_my_ISP_requires_that_I_set_a_VLAN_tag_but_does_not_provide_IPTV_VoIP_services_how_should_my_settings_be_configured

Don't know if that will help

• sunrunner4kr
  • Topic Author
More
15 Oct 2022 09:31 #3 by sunrunner4kr
Replied by sunrunner4kr on topic Re: Vigor 167 with Synology RT2600ac
Thanks for the advice!

I checked plusnet, and they also require 101.
So, I followed your linked instructions. You can only enter a single VLAN ID in the router, however the ISP provides 0 /101 values for 802.1q/p respectively. The router asked for a value of 1-409, so I went with 101.

Unfortunately no change. It just sticks in 'connecting'.

• sunrunner4kr
  • Topic Author
More
15 Oct 2022 10:19 #4 by sunrunner4kr
Replied by sunrunner4kr on topic Re: Vigor 167 with Synology RT2600ac
So, in the process of generating log files to raise a support ticket, I did a hard reset from the back of the device. And it now connects!

So, it seems a reset from the UI didn't do the same thing.

FYI - I didn't need to set any VLAN settings in the router.

More
15 Oct 2022 10:35 #5 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 167 with Synology RT2600ac
Ah well glad you have it working :D