DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Inter-LAN Routing - TCP traffic blocked?? (ICMP ok)

• ctluk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Oct 2022 14:04 #1 by ctluk
Hi,

Bit of an odd one, I have my trusty 2862 here and I've had the same VLANs configured on it for some time, I've been experiencing some odd latency issues recently so I decided to dig into these today to identify the issue. During the troubleshooting process I've rebooted most of the network equipment (WAPs, switches etc).

Basic LAN config is that I have 3 LANs configured, two of the LANs (LAN2&3) are using Tagging and one is untagged (LAN1), LAN1 is where all the LAN equipment sits (WAPs, Switches etc). I have Inter-LAN routing enabled between LAN1 and LAN2 (LAN3 is the guest WiFi), this allows me to manage the network equipment from LAN1. Since restarting the various devices I have been unable to connect to the network devices web interfaces from LAN1, but I can still ping them. This suggests that the inter-LAN routing is working but something is blocking TCP traffic. To eliminate any rouge networking equipment, I've bypassed everything and stripped down the devices to a couple of laptops sat on the different LANs connected directly to the router. I've tried a factory reset on the router and rebuilt it from scratch but still I am unable to get any TCP traffic to flow between the two networks.

Any thoughts gratefully received.
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.