• mpattman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Nov 2022 16:17 #1 by mpattman
Mesh support on 2866ax was created by mpattman
Hi,

I was sure that when I got my 2866ax it had a MESH menu item, I had to factory reset the device and it is not there. I spoke to someone in support and they said that it was not available on the AX product yet and should be in firmware 4.4.2, did I just imagine it or is it there for other 2866ax users? or is my device broken?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2022 19:39 #2 by sgibbs
Replied by sgibbs on topic Re: Mesh support on 2866ax
I also have a 2866ax, but don't recall ever seeing the mesh menu item. I am currently running 4.4.1 BT firmware. Strangely, I have been trying to setup a mesh using the app and failing miserably. The devices get added but then remain offline. Think I will raise it with support and see if I get the same answer.

• mpattman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Nov 2022 09:42 #3 by mpattman
Replied by mpattman on topic Re: Mesh support on 2866ax
Thank you for confirming, it is probably me getting confused, I have been working on a couple of different products in the last few weeks and some of them do already have mesh support.

More
22 Nov 2022 13:08 #4 by sgibbs
Replied by sgibbs on topic Re: Mesh support on 2866ax
I have just had the following response from support:

"Mesh has not yet officially been released for the 2866ax as it requires a specific AP to connect, which is yet to come to market. The development team has confirmed this."

Now to sell my AP802's and AP903 that I had lined up for this!!

More
22 Nov 2022 15:23 #5 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Mesh support on 2866ax
See my other posts about the 2927ax and the (yet to be available in the UK AP906) - and I have 3 AP960's which are "not compatible" with the 2927ax mesh :twisted:

Draytek have screwed this up bigtime as far as I'm concerned, after many years and thousands of pounds I doubt if they'll get any more of my cash.

....and I see that wifi 7 is imminent whilst Draytek haven't even got their wifi 6 implementation sorted properly :roll: