DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

• g7pkf
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2022 17:57 #1 by g7pkf
2866 was created by g7pkf
I have a 2866 at home that i can quite happily vpn into, what i cannot achieve is to get all internet traffic from laptop which is VPN'd into home router from say hotel to route via vpn connection. using draytek smart VPN.

For clarity i need to do this as all clients are set up to reject any traffic for management unless it comes from a trusted ip like my home one (which all 5 are static) or the head office etc.

I know i am being thick but all I try from knowledgebase and google just do not work.

Surfing with G.Fast at 330MB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2022 08:54 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2866
You don't give much detail and I have little knowledge of VPN but if I VPN into my 2927ax from e.g. an iPhone and then do a "What is my IP?" on the phone the returned IP is my router's WAN address.

So I'm guessing it's something you're doing or not doing; maybe if you provided more details of your setup someone with more knowledge than I could help.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
09 Dec 2022 11:35 #3 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: 2866
I think you need to enable the option "Use default gateway on remote network" in your Smart VPN client profile, see this page as a guide
https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-teleworker-smartvpn-windows

The second image, shows the option which will need to be turned on.

Use Default Gateway on Remote Network Enable this to forward all Internet traffic through the VPN tunnel. This requires more bandwidth, speeds will be dependant on the VPN router's upload speed.

• g7pkf
  • Topic Author
More
13 Dec 2022 10:15 #4 by g7pkf
Replied by g7pkf on topic Re: 2866
Spot on.

couldnt see proverbial wood for trees :)

Surfing with G.Fast at 330MB