DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

MyVigor (The device is already registered for another account)

• idheath
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Dec 2022 16:31 #1 by idheath
I've just purchased a factory reset Vigor 2962ac second-hand. All was good until I tried to register it on myVigor. When I do that (via "CSM >> Web Content Filter Profile >> Activate") a web login page is spawned (which is pre-filled with a name/ID of someone else). When I replace that name with my MyVigor credentials and login I get this message:

"Error: The device is already registered for another account."

I've raised a ticket with Draytek and they say they can't do anything and I have to get the original registered person to deregister it. Trouble is I have no idea who they are. Also interestingly, the person I purchased it from, purchased it new from Amazon and they didn't register it on MyVigor (the name I have doesn't match to them).

So I think I'm stuck. Seems bonkers to me that this situation can arise, seemingly without any way to resolve.

Any thoughts/comments greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• idheath
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jan 2023 21:47 #2 by idheath
In case anyone else has this issue. I managed to get this resolved, whilst Draytek support understandably wouldn't provide me with the contact details of the original owner they did contact them on my behalf and ultimately were able to get the unit deregistered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.