Vigor 2862 + 130 load balancing

• idheath
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jan 2023 21:16 #1 by idheath
Vigor 2862 + 130 load balancing was created by idheath
I have a 2862 + 130 for my two VDSL2 connections to the internet. I have both connections showing as up and each work individually when the other is down. I have a very basic configuration for load balancing, nothing fancy. However it seems that all traffic is favouring WAN1.

In Routing > Load-Balance/Route Policy I have just 2 rows, both with the same priority.

In the WAN > General Setup settings I have both WAN1 & WAN2 set for Always On and Load Balance enabled. I have Load Balance Mode = Auto Weight / IP Based.

One thing I did notice is that there's only a single 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 static route in the routing table with Interface = WAN1 (so nothing for WAN2).

Any thoughts appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• idheath
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jan 2023 21:54 #2 by idheath
Replied by idheath on topic Re: Vigor 2862 + 130 load balancing
I think I have solved this for myself. I think it was my configuration issue. I wrongly thought that I needed two entries/rows in the Load-Balance/Route Policy table, one for each WAN and the same priority as each and all the other options blank/default.

Having read further, I think this assumption was incorrect. I removed both entries and the load balancing is working fine now it seems. I assume the purpose of the aforementioned table is to override the default LB functionality if needed based on specific L3 source and/or L3/L4 destinations.

Although I still don't understand the single 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 specific to WAN1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.