Cyren Announces Global Reduction in Force; Liquidity Challenges

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
28 Feb 2023 11:23 #7 by rolandrat

SimonH wrote:
So far, my filtering is still working!

Likewise, but mine expires end of March, im not buying again until I see whats going on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2023 08:20 #8 by simonh
I only just renewed mine, so will be keeping a close eye on what happens. I just hope that whatever Draytek do will port configs to a new service so it is a seamless as possible! Took me a while to get it right!

More
31 Mar 2023 18:01 #9 by simonh
Another month down the line and mine is still working...

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
05 Apr 2023 15:31 #10 by rolandrat
Got this from my usual license supplier, which they got from Draytek:-

DrayTek’s Content Security Management functionality incorporates multiple features (APP Enforcement, URL Content Filtering, Web Content Filters, DNS Filtering). A sub-component of this is the categorisation component used by Web Content Filtering which uses the Cyren Web Filtering service for categorisation information.

DrayTek are aware of recent news regarding the operation of Cyren, which may affect the Cyren WCF products (Cyren and Cyren Zero Day) that DrayTek currently work with, Without the Cyren service, many aspects of the DrayTek Content Security Management functionality are unaffected.

However, the category-based Web Content filtering feature relies on a categorisation reply from Cyren's category server. If no reply is received then the category of the URL can not be checked by the router. As of today (24th Feb 2023) the category service from Cyren is still functioning correctly. However, given recent news, there is a possibility of an outage in the future.

DrayTek are developing an alternative solution to the Cyren categorisation service. Once confirmed, existing users who have activated a WCF licence with DrayTek will receive a firmware update to switch to the new service. The activation of the WCF service with DrayTek and any related functionality is unaffected as it is run by DrayTek using DrayTek’s MyVigor servers. We are currently working on beta firmware and expect it to be ready in the coming weeks of April. After the firmware upgrade is released, you will be able to switch to using the new service. If there is any further news then DrayTek will notify you of any further information.

More
05 Apr 2023 16:39 #11 by simonh
Thanks for the info... I didn't realise that Cyren was only used for web site categorisation.

Let's see when this firmware comes available. Either way, I won't switch to a beta unless the Cyren service stops working... I'll wait for the full release version...

Keep us posted and thanks

S

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
16 Apr 2023 12:50 #12 by rolandrat
Vigor portal has been updated with a CSM option of "URL Reputation", saying it needs mandatory 4.4.3 firmware, which of course is probably a while off yet.