Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2865 Lac

• draytek_2865_2
  • Topic Author
More
16 Feb 2023 09:46 #1 by draytek_2865_2
2865 Lac was created by draytek_2865_2
Morning all,

A real simple one I think... I have a 2865Lac with LTE configured as Failover to the main WAN connection, Now when I was setting up the LTE the main FTTP wasn't live or connected and the LTE worked just fine but when the main WAN was connected the LTE no longer shows connected or have an IP address. The status shows good signal and under physical status it shows connected and operational but no IP shows. I am guessing this is normal due to being setup as failover and when the WAN drops the LTE will fire up?

I am going to test this as soon as I can have some down time but thought I would ask the question here first.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2023 12:35 #2 by edinburgh
Replied by edinburgh on topic Re: 2865 Lac
Which option did you choose in WAN > General Setup > LTE: Always On or Backup?

• draytek_2865_2
  • Topic Author
More
18 Feb 2023 13:04 #3 by draytek_2865_2
Replied by draytek_2865_2 on topic Re: 2865 Lac
Backup which I assume is the reason?

Thanks!

More
20 Feb 2023 08:22 #4 by simonh
Replied by simonh on topic Re: 2865 Lac
I have a 2866 and have 5G on WAN2 for backup to my VDSL. I noticed that behaviour too, so I then took a different approach.

I set both as always on (but not load balance), but in the WAN I used IP based based on WAN speed and set VSDL to 1000000 up and down and the 5G to 1000 up and down and it works a treat. Both are UP, but it used VDSL only and fails over to 5G when WAN1 test IPs (WAN Connection ping detect) are not reachable...