Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Truespeed Business with Draytek

• draytek_2865_2
  • Topic Author
More
20 Apr 2023 14:59 #1 by draytek_2865_2
Truespeed Business with Draytek was created by draytek_2865_2
Afternoon all,

We have just had Truespeed business installed and are struggling to get our Draytek 2866. We have had customer services switch to using our own router as they lock it down to the provided Linksys provided one.

All they say is you need to leave WAN2 to obtain automatically which picks up the correct static IP but for some reason we just can't get any traffic through it. If we get a laptop on DHCP connected to the Truespeed modem it picks up the correct IP and we can use the internet but nothing with the Draytek. The Draytek is box fresh with default config.

Has anyone used Truespeed with a Draytek?

Many thanks,
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
20 Apr 2023 17:21 #2 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Truespeed Business with Draytek
For their residential service I'm sure that Truespeed don't support anything other than their own modem. Not sure on the business side, might be worth cloning the mac address from their Linksys router to the WAN port of your 2866 and see if that helps.

As a half-way experiment (as it would be double-natting) if you connect wan2 into the linksys it should work...

Edit:
Can I use my own router with the Truespeed broadband connection?
Yes, we can provide your service as a bridged connection with an Optical Network Termination (ONT) device. You will also be required to have a fixed IP address as part of your package for your own router which just plugs directly into the Truespeed ONT. Please note that if you wish to use your own router then you will be unable to use the Truespeed telephony service as this is only provided via the Truespeed supplied router.

source: https://www.truespeed.com/business-broadband/

• draytek_2865_2
  • Topic Author
More
23 Apr 2023 14:07 #3 by draytek_2865_2
Replied by draytek_2865_2 on topic Re: Truespeed Business with Draytek
Thanks for the reply.

It is a business package with a fixed ip.

I now have it working with the help of syslog and the below link.

ARP Address Mismatch - I turned this off and it worked straight away.

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-arp-address-mismatch

Thanks,
Simon