Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Access to WAN2 Modem GUI

• craig_s
  • Topic Author
More
06 Jul 2023 19:26 #1 by craig_s
Access to WAN2 Modem GUI was created by craig_s
Hi all,

I've started using the second WAN port on my 2927 to give me a little bit of redudancy. The challenge I have is configruing the Draytek router to allow me to connect to the GUI of the TELTONIKA device poviding the connection for WAN2. (Aiming to replicate the way I can see my Virgin Media Hub in modem mode on WAN1 which I can browse to and PING from the LAN)

Using the PING Diagnosis on the Draytek, I can ping the fixed IP address of the TELTONIKA device and get a positive result.
Using PING from a device on the LAN, I dont.

I have a static route set up on the DRAYTEK to send traffic to the TELTONIKAS fixed IP to WAN2
The TELTONIKA responds to PING when directly connected

All ideas gratefully recieved! (ONce the PING is working I'll worry about the GUI access if it doesn't magically start working!)

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2023 22:10 #2 by HodgesanDY
Replied by HodgesanDY on topic Re: Access to WAN2 Modem GUI
You shouldn’t need to setup a static route.

You should be able to access either modem behind WAN1 or WAN2 (can’t remember if the connection needs to be active or not; i.e. one not set as a failover) but if you can’t use their Modem LAN IP (as you would 192.168.100.1 for your Virgin Modem in ‘Modem Mode’) use the gateway address instead.

See ‘Online Status>>Physical Connection’ for the GW IP on your Draytek router.

On a 2927 I can access the Virgin Modem in Modem Mode behind WAN1 via its 192.168.100.1 or its GW IP from a LAN PC inside the network and I can also access the WAN2 Virgin Modem in Router mode via its 192.168.0.1 address without any static routes setup - all regardless of which WAN I have set under ‘Load-balance/Route Policy’ for that same LAN PC.

There could possibly be something else preventing your connection to the GUI at the modem itself, or maybe a firewall rule on the Draytek…? Also, consider if the Modem IPs are both 192.168.0.1 for example, this will cause other problems though and as you’ve stated, the Virgin Modem is in ‘Modem Mode’, so should have a 192.168.100.1 local address.

• craig_s
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jul 2023 15:37 #3 by craig_s
Replied by craig_s on topic Re: Access to WAN2 Modem GUI
Thanks for the reply.

I think it was patience defeating me!

I’ve managed to get it working with two different configurations, and waiting to see which is more predictable for doing what I wanted which was failover to a connection of last resort, and easy access to the gui of the Teltonika with the mobile connection for WAN2.