Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2862N can't talk over WAN2 to a TP-Link VX230v

• evan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2023 17:43 #1 by evan
I have a simple setup where the office LAN is on LAN1 of a 2862, and WAN2 connects through to the ISP's router/modem (see image), over Ethernet:

I've had to change from PlusNet to OneStream, so now have a TP-Link modem rather than the old PlusNet one (so I've just swapped one modem for another). The problem is that I can't find any way to talk to the VX230v. I can ping through it, but I can't get an internet connection. The setup is:

• The LAN is on 192.168.1.0/24

• The modem is on a separate subnet, at 192.168.0.0/24; The 2862 connects the two subnets

• I can connect directly to the internet from the DMZ using the WiFi or the ethernet cables on the modem, on the second subnet

• If I set up the 2862 to connect to the modem using DHCP, the modem correctly assigns an IP address to the 2862 (192.168.0.2) and is aware of the 2862,
but the 2862 dashboard shows no DSL activity, and i can't connect to the internet from LAN1

• Exactly the same thing happens if I set up the 2862 to use a fixed IP address of 192.168.0.2 for WAN2, and the modem can still see the 2862

• For both cases above, the 2862
can ping through to an external IP address, but it still shows no DSL activity and LAN1 can't connect to the net

• The WAN2 indicator on the dashboard correctly shows green when the cable from WAN2 to the modem is connected

I historically had problems connecting to the old PlusNet modem over DHCP, so used a static setup for that, which did work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• evan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2023 17:45 #2 by evan
That embedded image doesn't seem to work - it's at https://ibb.co/hBNpB8w.

• evan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
31 Oct 2023 18:14 #3 by evan
So... turned off all the power, and turned it on again, and it's working. Very irritating.