DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2927ac World of pain with ITVX

• d3savage
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jan 2024 08:11 #1 by d3savage
2927ac World of pain with ITVX was created by d3savage
Hi all I am new to the forum, happy 2024! I am reaching out - I purchased a 2927 and have programmed 3 vlans -which are all good. Internet appears good for what it is.....I use air broadband giving me around 20meg download speeds which for our house is sufficient... I tested Netflix great, amazon great, bit of gaming fine. But, ITVX - is a pain it will play for around 2 minutes and then freeze, I know this is a Draytek issue as my trusty TPlink router is stutter free with the same download speeds. I am pretty annoyed as the Draytek is not cheap - but currently its not performing as well as a freebe router chucked in as part of the air broadband package. Currently I am not using the Vlans (but I have tested them)...I am using my original unmanaged switch just to keep things simple...

I have tried - various things. The latest 4.4 firmware (seems worse) I have now put it back to 4.3 which is slightly better.... I have looked at other settings but I am not sure what I am doing regarding hardware accelaration etc

Can anyone hear advise me how to tune this Router....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• d3savage
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jan 2024 10:38 #2 by d3savage
Replied by d3savage on topic Re: 2927ac World of pain with ITVX
I might have found a resolution - I found that for some reson my old amazon fire box was on at the same time.....this has Kodi on it. I have now switched it off....it appears to have helped - but some further testing is required. The Amazon box was definately on and connected - I suspect it may have been hammering the network.....time will tell I will keep you posted.

Is there any form of log I can analyse on the router...which may indicate what was going on?

• d3savage
  • Topic Author
More
04 Jan 2024 07:59 #3 by d3savage
Replied by d3savage on topic Re: 2927ac World of pain with ITVX
Solved....it was definately the Kodi Fire box..sharing the same local switch. Everything working well now....phew!!! :D

More
04 Jan 2024 09:16 #4 by HodgesanDY
Replied by HodgesanDY on topic Re: 2927ac World of pain with ITVX
Good to hear, nice one! :D

Moderators: Sami