DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2763 series. ipv6 icmp filtered

• chris777555
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jan 2024 04:43 #1 by chris777555
Draytek 2763 series. ipv6 icmp filtered was created by chris777555
How to I stop it from being filtered? Sorry I am a home user here.
WHen I do the ipv6 test I get 17/20 on the score, but it mentions my ICMP is being filtered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2024 11:15 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Draytek 2763 series. ipv6 icmp filtered
Have you tried temporarily disabling the firewall to see if that's doing the filtering?

I'd be very interested in how you've set up the router - on my 2927ax I have an ipv6 connection from Zen, but on trying to set up a LAN with ipv6 I find that no Global address appears in the "Current IPv6 Address Table" - only the local link address. Hence no PC on the LAN receives a gateway adress or any ipv6 connectivity, although I can ping external ipv6 addresses from the router itself.

None of the Draytek setup guides that I've seen explain how to get the global address into the Table - it just seems to appear by magic in their screen shots.

A few years back with an older Draytek router it all worked fine, so I am thinking that either Zen have changed something without my knowledge or that something is amiss in the 2927ax...

More
14 Jan 2024 16:54 #3 by piste basher
Interesting - I haven't looked at this for a while but prompted by this thread I had a look and noticed that, at some time over the past few years, Zen have evidently changed my ND address range from /64 to /128

By turning off the "RIPng" option in the ipv6 WAN setup I immediately got two global /64 ranges in the LAN setup page :) and all device now show ipv6 connectivity...

and yes, my icmp is being filtered, turning the firewall off made no difference. No idea what is doing the filtering.

More
15 Jan 2024 12:58 #4 by andew
Hi

Have you looked here, System Maintenance >> Management >> IPv6 Management Setup
Untick the Disable PING from the Internet option, that can block icmp.

Regards

Andrew

More
15 Jan 2024 15:45 #5 by piste basher
Hi Andrew,

I've just tried that and it didn't make any difference - still filtered.

Thanks anyway

More
15 Jan 2024 18:13 #6 by andew
Hi

Looks like your using https://ipv6-test.com/ to check for ipv6 connectivity. For this you will need to add a firewall rule to allow v6 icmp to the ipv6 address.
for example https://ibb.co/km7jMSt I set that on my 2865 but it should work on the 2763.

Regards

Andrew

Moderators: Sami